Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts must be submitted in plain text. Tables, figures, symbols etc. will be not be accepted.
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same email address and password for each abstract.
- Abstracts are required for all papers and posters. Abstracts MUST be submitted via the abstract portal.
- Abstracts should not exceed 250 words.
Preparation of Your Abstract
- A “blind” selection process will be used. While every effort is made to eliminate any obvious conflicts of interest with reviewers, if you are unsure then please declare you have a conflict of interest.
- No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors either. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be submitted on-line when you submit the abstract.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study. The title should be in initial capital/lower case, not all capitals e.g. Clinical equipoise and potential clinical trial targets in sleep surgery: Census of ENT surgeons.
- Abstracts should state briefly and clearly the purpose, methods, results and conclusions of the work.
Introduction: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text only
Discussion: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them